Letter from Curt

Dear Family and Friends,As some of you may already know, Sandi has been undergoing a series of tests over the past few weeks to evaluate some lumps at the base of her neck. The wait and the unknown has been quite challenging for her, but today we finally got the diagnosis. In simple terms, she has lymphoma. For those that want a more detailed diagnosis, she has Diffuse Large B-Cell (non-Hodgkin’s) Lymphoma.

While that is certainly not the outcome that we were hoping for, we have a sense of peace since we know that Sandi is in the hands of a loving God. Plus, we are blessed with an excellent medical facility in our community – in fact, Sandi works as a volunteer at the Emory Johns Creek Hospital.

There are still lots of unanswered questions at this stage. What is the treatment? How long will it last? What is the prognosis? Which oncologist should she select? Will she lose all her hair? (That last question never bothered me much, but rest assured it is a big question for her since she has already started shopping for head gear and wigs.) She has also already started a blog to record her journey – you can find it at https://sewinggal.com/ – you can leave encouraging comments for her on the blog as well.

We believe in the power of prayer and so invite you to join us that God would do a great work in and through Sandi throughout this entire journey. And we rest in the promise of Jeremiah 29:11 which says “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.

Thanks for all your love and support,

Curt

6 Responses to Letter from Curt

1. Jeff Browning says:

We love you and we are praying for you.

2. Donna Browning says:

“In all their suffering he (God) also suffered, and he personally rescued them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them. He lifted them up and carried them through all the years. ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭63:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬. I am praying for God to lift you up and carry you through this.

Sandi & Curt,
    I am so sorry that you are facing this struggle. The many unknowns are so hard to bear. I will be praying that you will be able to fully trust our good, good Father and that He will bring healing.

Sandi & Curt — Thanks for the update on Sandi — I know this will be the hardest battle you have faced, but I also know Sandi is a very strong, confident, courageous woman and With Curt and the kids, family and friends praying for you, this battle can be won. Russell and I will be praying that you continue your strong Faith and Trust in the Lord. We will be praying for healing and for Lord’s strength and blessings to get you through each day. Sandi, we love you and your family.

You are one of the strongest women I know. And that is due to your relationship with our loving God. He has allowed you to go through this difficult time for a reason and He will give you the strength to overcome it through Him. As I told you before, God always uses our difficult seasons of life to draw us closer to Him and to allow others to praise Him through you. What seems like our most helpless times is actually the times when God uses us the most. I am 100% confident in Him healing you completely. I will pray for you and be there for you whenever you need me. I love you.

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
    2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV

6. Margaret McKinnes says:

Hey gal,  I was praying for a better result, but like Curt said, God has a plan.  My prayer now is for wisdom for the doctors; strength physically, mentally, and spiritually for you and your family-immediate and extended; God’s peace that passes our understanding in so many ways; and your knowing how much you are loved, supported, and appreciated by others. I’m also continuing to pray for healing.  God can’t work a miracle when there’s nothing to fix.  Now, He has an awesome opportunity to reveal Himself to lost souls who are involved in your journey.  All I can do now is pray, but when things start happening and you need ANYTHING, please don’t hesitate to ask. I love you dearly and you are a treasured friend and blessing in my life and will continue to be for many years to come. I love you.   Margaret