The Train has left the Station

So, now, we have the schedule and the results from the tests that were done. I won’t be getting my port installed until next Friday, then my first chemo treatment will be the following Monday, December 12. The news we didn’t want to hear was that I am stage 4 non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. The tests results show cancer in my spleen and possible cancer in my bones.
This news does not change anything. I will still have the same chemo every 21 days for 6 cycles. The drugs will be the same and the outcome, in our minds as well as our doctors, will still be a cure.

So, take a deep breathe, and keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

17 Responses to The Train has left the Station

1. Julie Shrader says:

Prayers my friend. We love you and if you guys need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Lifting you up every single day my friend. Love you.

Sandi – my love and prayers tonight.

4. Gale Owens says:

Prayers on my end, dear cousin. Going for the cure! Love you.

5. Lifting you up in our church. You are not in this alone!

6. Linda says:

Challenging news but you are strong! We are here if you need anything at all; you have our constant love and prayers

7. Cheryl Otto says:

Prayers go up. You know if you need anything do not hesitate to call. Love to all of you.

8. Gabe says:

Sending you lots of love, hugs and prayers!

9. Mary Buzzell says:

Thank you for posting a link to this so I can follow along. I know the Lord has you in His hands. He will never put you down. Virtual hugs and lots of prayers coming your way. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jer. 29:11.

P.S. I am a sewing girl too! Very few people understand my sadness this weekend when my 1984 Bernina Record 930 burned up! Crackling, smoking… oh my.

10. Karen Pardue says:

Sandi, I am keeping you close in heart & prayer. Deuteronomy 31:6 “ …Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” – Karen Pardue

11. Cathy Warren says:

Hi Sandy, for some reason I totally missed what you have been going through these past few months. I’m so glad you have a blog to keep us all updated. My husband, Dennis, was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer back in March. He is cancer free and is still recovering. It has been a long road and continues to be but we are praising God that he has and continues to heal him. I am claiming that God will heal you also in the name of Jesus. You are so positive and strong and I think that makes a huge difference in many outcomes. A verse from God’s word that has helped us is Isaiah 41:10. I will lift you up every day to our Lord and healer and put you on our SS prayer list. Our members are strong prayer warriors and have no doubt you will be lifted up. I love you Sandy!❤️

12. Julie Rodriguez says:

Sandi, I was so shocked and sad to hear this news. I will be praying for you and your family daily that God will give you comfort, strength, hope, and beautiful times with your family. I will help in any other way I can, if you let me know. Stay strong and faithful.

13. Sherrill Williams says:

Sandi, I wish I’d known you were going through this. I couldn’t have done much but pray for you to get better. Prayers going up for you. Let me know if you need anything at all. I love you, cousin!

14. Cheryl Ayer says:

Sandi..Your South Carolina family is so sad to hear this news, but we absolutely know how strong you are..we will be in prayer for you..and watching for your updates. Love to all. Cheryl

15. Kelly says:

Our love and prayers coming your way!

16. Kim says:

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I am praying for you and Curt. This will be a very tough time for all of you and my hope and prayer is that you will be healed and remain in Him. Love to you!