Port Day

Today is port day. It’s daunting to me because it’s a “procedure” where I’ll be put to sleep. The worst part, I can’t eat or drink and the procedure doesn’t start til 2:00. This not eating or drinking before a test or procedure is getting very old. By the time I get to the hospital, I’m SO much fun to be around. Last time I begged for the drugs so I could forget about food. Mallory was thrilled to be my escort.
After the port is installed, I won’t be able to shower for a day or so, I will be in pain for a while (yea!) then can’t lift for a few days (bummer?). I will have the port for the duration of the chemo so I’ll learn to love it.

I’ve said this before but I truly am marveled by the times we live in where science has made things easier for us patients. I’m also still humbled by the outpouring of love and support from everyone. My little book is getting full and I’m having to put elastic around it to keep it closed. I still take it with me and during wait times, I flip through and it brings me joy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here’s hoping your day is as blessed as mine.

14 Responses to Port Day

I am praying for you today!!!!!! You are so strong and I am proud of you. Love you. Love you. Love you.

2. Marsha Carter says:

Thinking about you. So sad you have to go through. Sucks!! Thanks for sharing with us, and for your great attitude. Puts us all to shame with our easy lives! 🙂

3. Leslie says:

Praying that today will go well and you will feel no pain afterward. Sending much love and many hugs to you today. Leslie 😍

4. Peggy Bailey says:

I will be thinking about you and praying for you.

Praying, praying, praying, and praying more. My family tells me that I am not so charming when I have not eaten either. I just can’t imagine that. (ha ha) 2:00-now don’t they know this procedure is best done by 8 AM? Really, how about done while we are asleep and comfortable. Keep looking for the moments to laugh and love in this really brutal battle.

Oh, Sandi – – I am feeling so bad that you have to go through all this, and with such an inspiring attitude. — would that we could take some of the pain for you! Love you and keeping you close.

I am praying you right now. Praying for peace and endurance. Praying for healing and closeness with our Savior. Praying for true family time, with pure love as we don’t normally see. Blessings on you Sandi and Curt as you begin the healing process.

8. Mema says:

My dear daughter-in-law, you are on your way for a journey of a life time but, because of so many who love you so completely, and are prayer warriors, you will be covered on this trip you are about to undertake. Hold on tight to that thought. Stay strong.

9. Cheryl Otto says:

Sending you love and good thoughts .😘

10. So you get Hangry too? Hope all went well and Mallory survived! Love ya Birdie! Praying Praying Praying!!!

11. blockleygal says:

Hope all went well with port placement. It will be such a blessing to have that for not only your chemo but for the blood tests needed so often. Saves you so many sticks! Our church lifted you up in prayer on Sunday, and will each Sunday while you journey. Praying for you daily for God’s strength and healing. Hugs……Madeline

12. Aileen says:

Think of the port as your port in a storm. It’s gonna help guide your cure to safe harbor, be your beacon of light….. Hope you’re feeling okay, but if you’re not, you will be. Hang tough, dear, sleep tight, and holler if there’s anything you need us to do.

13. Kelly & Chris says:

Sandi, you are one tough cookie!!! We are sending our love and prayers to you everyday!

14. Linda says:

Thinking of you on this milestone day. Let the cure begin!
    Hugs, love, prayers to you.