Day 1 and 2 of Chemo over.

Why 2 days?  Well, why Not?  Just kidding.  We got to the hospital on Monday and our doctor (hi dr. Bruce) came in with news that our insurance hadn’t approved the treatment.  Curt had to get on the phone and the waiting started.  I was able to get one of my drugs yesterday and the rest today.   I was well prepared, not nervous or anxious in fact I even made my doctor smile (if you can’t laugh at insanity….).

So, how am I feeling?  Mostly a bit light headed.  Not achy or sick.  So I have my new silk pajamas on, I’m sitting in bed like Lady Godiva and watching as much TV as I like.   Sounds too good to be true?  I won’t tell you about the bruising or the anti nausea thing stuck to my belly with a blinking light.  Or the line of meds curt has organized on the kitchen counter.   Now begins the new normal.

I still receive these wonderful tokens of friendship, cards, emails, and mostly Prayers.  It makes me feel so blessed.   Another perimeter church member was next to me today and I wished I could have done more for them.  They are hurting so deeply!   My prayer is they have the love and support that I do.

Love you all!

8 Responses to Day 1 and 2 of Chemo over.

1. Aileen says:

Ahhhhh, feels so good to have that first day ‘done and gone’. Holler if we get to keep…er, um.. can keep G for you. xoxoxo

• Cheryl Otto says:

Well. You know today was a good day to lay in bed and watch tv. I thought about it myself. Silk pjs. Sounds sexy to me. We continue to pray for you, your family and the doctors. Forgive me if there are typos, I’m typing with no glasses on. 😘

Well, sounds to me like you were a blessing to the other Perimeter member. Good reminder-God still is busy using you and your journey. This was an excellent day to be wearing silk PJ’s and watching TV. Now the belly light……well, Rudolph did have that shiny nose thing going.

Good to hear you are feeling ok. Glad to get that first one done.
    Been thinking about you all day. Praying for you sweet friend

4. awkuester says:

Sandi, you’ve never met a problem you can’t overcome and you find humor in any situation. You made me laugh reading about the silk pj’s, TV watching and the blue blinking light! Miss you!

5. Gale Owens says:

❤️

6. karen Cliff says:

I am here for you and praying daily. Keep up the laughter…it is THE BEST medicine! Love you!

7. Gabrielle Pikul says:

Silk pajamas, lucky you! Hang in there.
    Love you girl!