Love is all Around

Love Actually is one of my favorite holiday movies and that song title fits because it still feels like Christmas here!  I had my chemo yesterday and planned on a few days of uck. Last night was uck, this morn, little uck, but today, not so much!   I laid around waiting but I felt good. Curt and I are very encouraged. Tonight, about 4:45, I decided to warm the oven up so he could heat dinner when he got home. He got home, walked in the bedroom, and asked why the oven was on. I said so you could warm up what you want for dinner. Then he said, you left the oven door open. Oops. I just said, I have Cancer. My go to for all mistakes, gotta start using that excuse sparingly.

I so have enjoyed the meals being prepared by all the loving hands, the visits with friends who don’t mind me getting tired on them. The surprise cards and email and notes of encouragement on this blog are beyond anything a girl could ask for. I feel so supported and that is why my attitude is so good. I know I’m being prayed for and God is being so good to me. I’m embracing my situation and learning because someday  I will know how to support and minister to the next person who has bad news. Now, I do have down days. I guess it is normal. So for all you reading this, I’m doing ok!

Love to all

8 Responses to Love is all Around

1. sakwyc@aol.com says:

Soooooo funny! My gosh, the oven thing sounds like something I’d do! xoxoxxoxxox

2. Christine Johnson says:

Love to you, too❤

Oh goodness! That was funny.
    Glad you are feeling better quicker than you expected.
    I am praying Kalyn will be well enough to let me come visit next week.
    Love and miss you.

Love you Sandi!

Glad yesterday was a good day. Keeping you in my prayers.

6. Gale Owens says:

Glad you are having a good week.

7. Kate Gibson says:

This is very encouraging, the prayers are lifting you up and supporting your strength and taking your uck away. I pray for you daily Sandi and I want you to feel blessed by all that can help you with meals, visits etc. God will let you give back when a friend needs you.

8. Ann Gordon says:

Sandi, I have been slowly keeping up through Rusty. You know guys aren’t quick to share news. I did see Curt at the ham bake and get updated. I’m so sorry you are having to go through this but God is amazing at how bad times lead to wonderful moments. You are in our prayers and what a blessing to have the love and support of family and friends!! Hang on, you can do it!