Good Morning Sunshine!

I know it’s been a week since I wrote but it has been a rough week.   Why I thought this chemo cycle was going to be bumpless, I do not know. Wishful thinking? I blame the drugs. So, now that the “bad” is over I am so happy it’s over. The emotional part is that I have to go through it again 4 times. The exciting part…I only have 4 more chemo treatments. Double edged sword there. After next time, I can say I’m half way through!
Today, Curt and I are adventuring out today to our cabin and I am excited to see a different view. 6 weeks in the house is beginning to be monotonous.

I heard this week of a friend who passed from his cancer. I can’t do a thing for the family due to my own situation. Now, that is frustration. If I could say something that I feel strongly about, it is this: I know that he didn’t want the cancer. I do know without a doubt that he (and I) took the cancer before his wife, his children, his family and close friends. Nobody would ever wish this on another person, But, we take it gladly because we would not want anyone we love to go through this. Maybe it’s a reminder to me that Jesus felt the same way on the cross. What love! I don’t know if that will bring comfort to those hurting themselves, but it gives me a bit of strength.

I have a PET scan on Thursday and am excited to see the results! Wouldn’t it be a miracle if the cancer was gone? The doctor told me he didn’t feel the nodules anymore. A Light at the end of the tunnel?

I am doing some sewing and find it is my happy place. I have a goal to try to finish some UFOs. (Unfinished objects for yall non-sewers).  I am still so humbled by your kindness, your prayers, and esp the food! We are eating like kings! When this is done, we will probably starve.

Love to all!!

12 Responses to Good Morning Sunshine!

Continuing to pray daily for you. Have a really relaxing time at the cabin. I bet 6 weeks at home was driving you crazy!

2. Christine Johnson says:

Enjoy your time at the cabin.sorry I have not been much help. I am still trying to get healthy. My husband got home this week from the hospital to recover from double pneumonia. You are suck a strong person because of your Faith an love of family and friends. Love Chris

So glad you can get up to the cabin! That must be so nice.

Wish I could come sew with you sometime! Sure do miss it!

Have a great sun-shiney weekend, Sandi – Bless you…

I know the good and bad will continued for a while, but you have been so strong and positive. I’m sure you are touching lives everywhere. I hope your time at the Lake house was refreshing. We Love you and say a prayer for you every morning. Hugs to you !!

6. blockleygal says:

You continue to be in my prayers daily Sandi. I am working on string quilts for charity and thinking of our class in Toccoa and how much fun it was. Hope the better days come more often than the not so good ones. You are a warrior!

7. Kelly & Chris says:

I hope you enjoyed your time at the lake! I think of you often and my prayers are coming your way.

8. Gabrielle Pikul says:

Thinking of you, Sandi. So glad you got to the lake, water is so soothing to look at. You are in my prayers, day and night.

9. Paula Gonzalez says:

I think of you often and hope things are going well. Looking forward to delivering dinner and getting to say hello!

10. Margaret McKinnes says:

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Praying that your treatment will go off without a hitch.  If your PET shows the nodules are gone, would they cut the number of treatments?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

11. albertehmann says:

Reading through the book of Job gives me added empathy for you as you go through these chemo treatments. May God continue to bless you with that positive attitude of faith.

12. Mary Beth Hayman says:

Hey Sandi, looking forward to hearing your PET scan results. Hang in there and be strong.