Cruisin’

Chemo last Wednesday so I’m 1/2 way – yea!

Pet Scan results – chemo is working and cancer is shrinking. Great news!
Everyone asks how I’m doing. Best answer, depends on the day, minute, hour…. it just varies. I feel good, then I’m tired. It’s a lot of ups and downs and frustration. I think I’m dealing with it as any normal human would. I have had lots of good company, I’ve received lots of cool gifts and the dinners are over the top! Unfortunately, my taste buds don’t always cooperate and when asked what sounds good, I can’t answer that. Sometimes, just nothing sounds good. Except, cookies, cakes, and ice cream…. lol

I’m so thankful for my wonderful husband who has sacrificed his time, effort, and patience to pick up the slack especially around the house. Y’all just don’t know all that he has done for me. Especially rubbing my bald head when I have a headache!! I’m grateful that my children are grown and I don’t have the stress of having to worry about their school, schedules, etc. I’m constantly in awe of the stories I hear of people getting chemo and still working a full time job.
I watched a video today about Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and learned that unlike other cancers, there is no test that can be done to catch it early. Breast cancer/Mammograms, Colon Cancer/colonoscopy, etc. That is scary and hopefully, there will be some sort of early warning test. I was so very lucky it was found early.

Thank you to all my chemo sitters – Barby, Cindy, and esp Mallory! Thanks to my mom who graciously comes and sits with me the day after chemo when I need that extra TLC.

Love to all

7 Responses to Cruisin’

1. Cheryl otto says:

You and your family are in our daily prayers. Love you.😘

2. Aileen says:

You’re loved! You’re blessed! You’re beating it!

3. Linda says:

So glad to hear the positive Pet Scan results! Hugs and love!

Posistive Pet Scan – Praise the Lord – he is hearing and answering our prayers. We will continue to pray for you. Love you Sandi!

5. Kelly & Chris says:

Thanks for keeping us updated! We are very happy to hear it is working! That nasty thing just needs to shrink away to nothing!! I love the post on FB of you and Mallory. Always in our prayers.

6. Dan says:

Yea! Good for you Sandi! Keep on cruzin’!

7. Gillian Tilghman says:

God bless you Honey. You are a Trooper.
    In the New Jerusalem we will all know why you are going thru this. Here we have to have faith and keep praying.
    We serve a healing and loving God. GT