It’s bumpy as I get to the end of the road.

Hello all! I’ve finished the fourth chemo. 2 more to go! It’s exciting to know there is an end in site, it’s daunting that I still have to do this two more times. This is the time in a race when you want the adrenaline to kick in cause your just not sure you can do one more step.

There is no way Curt and I could function without the support of so many. I know I have said this over and over but it’s such a moving experience to see the sacrifices people make just to help us. Thank you.

My first outing was to Birmingham to see Connor in StepSing. I had planned this trip since before my first chemo. I still knew I had to be so careful about being around crowds. I took precautions, only ate out once, attended the show, and drove home. I’m so thrilled I was able to go but it did exhaust me. I am always surprised how weak my body is.

On my good days, I try to go to my sewing room and work on projects. I am so thankful to have a place where I can go and FORGET that I’m sick. I sit there sewing for hours and it is lovely. I don’t know why but I don’t have Cancer there.

My next chemo is Wednesday March 8. Thanks for reading.

9 Responses to It’s bumpy as I get to the end of the road.

I can only imagine how exhausting treatment is. I will continue to pray for endurance and plain old grit! Glad to hear that cancer disappears in your sewing room.

You are such an inspiration Sandi. Seeing all you have been through has encouraged so many who are going through tough times. Eyes up girl! It’s almost over and He is in control!!

3. Peggy J. Bailey says:

I am praying for you to have comfort and strength.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Hang in there, girl – we’re still praying! –

I was so happy that you finally got to get out and go to Step Sing! So glad this is nearing its end. I know that it has not been easy and would not want to be in your shoes. Praying for endurance to make it through. Love to you and Curt!

6. Having seen your quilting craft room, it’s easy to see how you can forget your cares while in that special room. You’re one focused and courageous lady and I’m proud to call you friend.

7. Kelly & Chris says:

Sandi you are showing such strength! We think of you often and you are always in our prayers.

8. Pamela and Lansen says:

Sandi and Curt, we are praying for you guys. Memories poured in as we read your blog, Sandi. Facing each round of Chem is daunting. We appreciate your openness and know how to pray for you better. May God flood you with His indescribable joy and peace.

9. Jo Ann says:

Hi Sandi, Just wanted to let you know we’re still praying for you and to say we miss you. So sorry you had to have your last chemo on “Survivor” day, too – double whammy!! Take good care.