Amazing Grace

I have to praise God today. I have had the best days after chemo that I have experienced so far. I believe Prayers have made this possible. There is no other explanation. Now, I’m not dancing through the daffodiles that are blooming. Just not visiting the throne room like previously.

I do have to admit that I’m BORED out of my mind! This house which has been my haven for 20 years is starting to get very small and the view is getting dull. I’m not complaining, just ready for a change. On that note, with one more chemo left, it’s time to start thinking about “after”. Dr. Bruce said that a few weeks after my last chemo, we will do a CAT scan then a few weeks after that, a PET scan. So, regardless that the torture will end, the wait for the results will be a while. It’s like taking a test not knowing the topic questions or answers and paranoid you won’t pass. Ick! So, it may be May before getting the word that I’m cured.

So, ideas for after? I’m afraid that a parade down Peachtree Street is too big and just getting to shop by myself is too small. I will still be weak for a while so getting my stamina up will be on the agenda. I am so ready for the end of treatment. I’m ready for all the reminders of what I’m going through to be over. I’m ready to stop looking like Uncle Fester (dating myself).

So, that is the update for now. My next, final treatment is March 29th. I’m thankful for all you who have stood with me through this. Soon, I’ll just be back to being Sandi.  Soon, I’ll be back to normal routines.   Soon, I can do for others as they have done for me.  Hopefully, this blog will be finished soon also. Won’t that be a great – the greatest – day!  Love always!

9 Responses to Amazing Grace

Ahhh this is beautiful to read! So happy for you dear friend. I love hearing the upbeat tone. It’s wonderful.

2. Aileen says:

Uncle Fester? I don’t believe I know…okay, okay, watched faithfully. HA! You are so funny. You look wonderful as I told you a couple days ago. It will be a treat for you to have your gorgeous hair grow back, but there aren’t many that sport ‘nekkid head’ as well as you do. You could seriously start a trend. Smooch on da pooch for me.

3. Cheryl Otto says:

Think about you and pray for you daily. Power of prayer. Glad you are having a great day. I think your adventure should be something sewing related. Maybe to an extremely large fabric market/store with unlimited funds. Hmmmm? đŸ˜˜

Wonderful news!!!

I’m so happy that you are feeling better. I will continue to pray for your upcoming “last” treatment and that the results of Both follow-up tests will be good news. If you want to work on another T-shirt Quilt, let me know. I still want to make one for Garrett’s High School XC and Track Days.

6. Kim says:

I am so glad you are almost done! You are beautiful – no Uncle Fester that is for sure. I continue to pray for your complete healing.

7. Kelly & Chris says:

You made me chuckle so thanks for that! We cannot wait to see you up at the lake. Always in our prayers!

8. Gabrielle Pikul says:

So glad the end is near, Sandi and you are feeling better. Your strength through all this has been amazing. God has listened to all out prayers!

9. Dan says:

Hi Sandi! Thinking about you…. Hope your last chemo (2 days ago?) was an easy one. Can’t wait to see you and yours at the lake this summer. God Bless You.