The news

I went to get my PET scan early Monday morning. Today was the follow-up with my Dr. and here are the results:

I have a group of tumors in my lower abdomen. They have not shrunk from the chemo in fact has grown and become more aggressive. Good news is the other places I had cancer are gone. So, to be proactive in getting this taken care of, we will meet either tomorrow or Friday with a specialized oncologist at Emory midtown about a stem cell transplant and more aggressive chemo. I will be donating my own bone marrow first, then go through the intensive chemo that will hopefully eradicate the rest of the cancer. Afterwards, they will re-insert my blood cells to make me healthy again.

This is SO not what I wanted or felt confident was going to happen. Keep praying that God will heal me. It has sustained me and I have felt lifted up from your prayers.

13 Responses to The news

1. Marsha Carter says:

WE LOVE YOU SANDi !!! Will be praying for you still. 🙂

2. Linda says:

Keep up the good fight gal! XO

3. Kim says:

I am so sorry Sandi! I too thought the result would be different. I will be praying for the doctors and you going forward. I know you just want this behind you and I am sorry that it continues.

4. Peggy Bailey says:

I am so sorry you didn’t get better news. I will keep praying for you to be completely healed. God is in control of this and hears our prayers. I will pray that you feel his love and have peace, healing and comfort. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. Do you need any meals? I will be happy to cook for you or run errands, whatever.

Sandi, our love and prayers are constant.

6. Gale Owens says:

I love you and am here for you however you need! Prayers of healing coming your way!

Praying as I type.

Please stay strong, Sandi. I know it seems like a setback, but we know God is all-knowing and all-powerful. You are a fighter and I am so proud of you. I love you very much.

9. blockleygal says:

So sorry to hear this news Sandi. You must have been so let down after all you have been through. Prayers to continue for your healing and strength as you move forward on a new journey.

10. Cathy Warren says:

Continuing to pray for healing. Keep fighting and believing in God’s healing power!

11. Oh Sandi, I am so sorry. I know this isn’t what you were expecting. Although its taken you by surprise, it.hasn’t taken our omniscient Abba Father by surprise. I will be praying for your healing, peace and comfort. My own Mom has just recently finished her breast cancer journey through Emory Midtown. You’re at the very best facility with excellent Doctors. You’ve also got the sovereign Great Physician on your side as well. Keep your eyes on him. He has a plan. I love you, sweet lady!

12. Donna Browning says:

Sandi, you remain in our prayers. We will pray for complete healing and strength for you to endure this next challenge. Lord, because of Your great mercy, please listen! Please hear and act! For Your sake, my God, do not delay, because Sandi belongs to You. Daniel 9:18-19

13. Cheryl otto says:

Lifting you up in prayers