Faster than a speeding bullet

Hello all –

The hospital called today and I’m to report for my first round of chemo on Friday.  This is so much sooner than we thought!  I’m still a bit numb from the first set of news, and now, it’s happening!   So, I’m trying to wrap my head around this and get mentally, physically and emotionally ready.  So many have reached out asking what to do.  Here’s the answer….I have No idea right now.   We don’t need meals as I won’t be home and Curt is on a diet from the last meals everyone cooked!    We will have needs.  Probably more than we know.  Just nothing I can think of right now.

Thank you to the Wyckoff’s for taking Gabi for who knows how long.  I can’t be around an animal for at least 2-3 months and having Gabi at a loving home is a huge lift off my shoulders.   If you see them around Fox Creek, give Gabi a hug for me.

I will be at the Winship Cancer Center off Clifton Rd in Decatur.  I will not be able to have more than one or two visitors at a time.   And visitors may have to wear a mask.  I won’t be able to have flowers.  Also, I may be quite sick.   No one wants to be around THAT, not even me!

Continue to pray.   God has a plan.  💗💗

12 Responses to Faster than a speeding bullet

1. Cheryl Otto says:

May God wrap his loving arms around you. You are always in my daily prayers. Love you.😘

2. Kevin Cain says:

Good news on the upcoming date. Sad to see you go through this. We’re praying for you as this weighs heavy on our hearts. It’s hard to be far away, and writing on a wall seems superficial. But we are praying.

3. Stephanie Smith Jones says:

Love ya girl..Praying God’s peace will surrounf you.

4. nanasherrill says:

Oh, geez Sandi, I didn’t think about Gabi. If you need help with her down the road, please let us know. Rusty and I sit friends dogs so she wouldn’t be a problem for is at all. Let me know if there’s anything at all I can do. I love you…

Oh wow. Ok. Much sooner than thought. But that’s ok.
    Once you find out the situation with visitors maybe Mallory can send out a post. I would like to visit maybe on the weekend when someone can watch the baby.
    Love you and praying for you.

I am so sorry this is happening so quickly! It will be hard! The isolation and not being able to leave the hospital room was very hard for my brother. I will be praying for Jesus to fill whatever voids you feel! Praying for this process to bring you complete healing!
    I am so sorry Sandi!

7. Margaret says:

I’m praying for you and your family. Though we are supposed to be encouraging you, you are inspiring us through your faith and strength. I love you dearly and pray God’s best for you.

8. Margaret says:

I just wanted you to know that I’ll be praying for you throughout the day today. I pray for peace, skill of doctors, and for a miraculous healing. I love you and your family.

9. Donna Browning says:

Sandi, I’m praying for you today. Heard this verse this morning and thought of you. “When you go through deep waters, I (God) will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy one of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:2-3

10. Joy Helms says:

Sandi – Bill and I both are praying for you, Curt and the kids. I think of you so very often. May God wrap His healing arms around you and strengthen you today and the days ahead. I love the verse that Donna shared. It says it all.
    We love you all –

11. Tammy Lovin Snyder says:

Sandi, I just learned about your battle with cancer. I will be praying for you! I pray that the treatments will be gentle and 100% effective in destroying the cancer.

12. Sandy Hughes Wright says:

Sandi, the Wrights are praying for you! Prayers for healing, strength, comfort and peace. I am so sorry, you are having to go through all of this.