Round one

Hello Everyone, Mallory here! Thank you so much for the wonderful messages and support you have sent my family over the last few weeks. I had a few people reach out with questions, so I wanted to provide a quick update.

Mom got the call on Thursday to go into chemo. This was way earlier than we were expecting but Mom was excited and ready to get started. She checked into Emory on Friday and started the chemo treatment on Friday night. It wrapped up early this morning and now mom is at home recovering! She is sleeping quite a bit, and would be open to visitors at the end of this week or beginning of next week.

Now we wait – if mom’s levels are good, we can start the second round of chemo next week. If not, it will be the week after. That’s really all we know right now.

So many people have asked what they can do to help. Unfortunately, there isn’t much to do. Gabi has found a new home (Thank you Ms. Wycoff! Please give her a kiss for me!). My dad and I are on strict diets trying to get our bikini bodies for the summer – so we are already well fed on quinoa and kale. Plus, our resident chef Mr. Connor Cain will be moving home this week.

What really helps Mom during her times of recovery is her sewing. When she’s sewing, Mom says ” I don’t have cancer in my sewing room. I’m just working.” She is working on several quilts right now, but because of the chemo, she is unable to go out and purchase new fabric. If you would like to help and would like to bring a meal or flowers or chocolates, would you please consider bringing some quilting fabric instead?

Of course, please do not feel obligated to purchase anything for mom. We know you all are praying for us and that already means the world. We will provide more updates as they come along but for now, Mom is happy and in her own bed!

Thankful for you all every day,
Mallory

8 Responses to Round one

1. Kim says:

Thank you Mallory for the update and we are praying!

2. Aileen says:

Great job, Mallory! With adult children like you and Connor, your Mom’s success is guaranteed. Hug on her for me. One question — your Mom had said 3 weeks without visitors, but they’re telling her now possibly end of this week/beginning of next? Also, a Fox Creeker, I think it was Merian, no brain with which to recall, wanted to know if the quilting squares needed to be WASHED b4 your Mom handled them. Do you know the answer to that? Thank you! Aileen

First of all, that’s great that the first round went ok. I’m really praying she can get through these and feel ok. Bless her. I am definitely interested in coming to see her next week. Maybe you and I can talk about what is the best day.
    And, I am all down for bringing fabric. If there is one thing we have a mutual love of, it’s fabric!! So, I shall come with fabric in tow.
    I’ll text you about coming over to see when is best.
    Thank you for the update. Pass on my love to your mom, Mallory. She is constantly in my thoughts.

Thank you, Mallory. This really lifts our spirits – to her that she is home and doing OK. You are a jewel, and I am glad your mother has you to take care of her!! Love, Aunt Doris

5. Gale says:

Thanks for the update, Mallory!

6. christine Johnson says:

Thanks Mallory. Your Mom is a real fighter and a special person. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

7. Melody Haney says:

Sandi, you are in my thoughts and prayers!

8. Jo Ann says:

Thanks for the update Mallory, and congratulations on your graduation!! You guys are in our prayers!